Senior Thermal/Packaging Design Engineer
Zunum Aero has an immediate position for a Thermal/Packaging Design Engineer to join the Powertrain Division. The successful candidate will work in close coordination with power electronics, electromagnetics and mechanical design engineers to produce a world-class aircraft hybrid electric powertrain and propulsion system. The function of this position is to provide cooling and thermal management solutions by capturing losses from key power components, electromagnetic assemblies and rotating hardware and then transporting that heat away to be dissipated or utilized safely. The working environment is a fast paced, success oriented team composed of highly qualified and experienced engineers and professionals.
Candidate must be able to and has proven record of generating innovative, cost effective and simple to manufacture concepts utilizing:
- Knowledge of dissipating components in high efficiency static power convertors and high energy density motors
- Knowledge of thermal calculations and temperature rise due to power loss and coefficients of thermal expansions
- Fluent use of 3D solid models for packaging and finite element thermal design and analysis tools
- Position requires candidate to be highly detail oriented and able to effectively manage their time to complete projects in a timely manner
- Ten years working experience in the design and manufacturing of cooling systems for high power rating (Multi kW) converters and electric machines
- Demonstrated experience with liquid cooling techniques
- Demonstrated experience in thermal loss calculations and methods to mitigate them
- BS (Physics/Mechanical Engineering /Electrical Engineering)
- MS Engineering (Preferred)
To be considered for this position, please send a resume or CV to email@example.com with the position name in the subject line.