Mechanical Design Engineer, Motor/Generator Design
Zunum Aero has an immediate position for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the Powertrain Division. The successful candidate will work closely with electrical, EM and propelsor design engineers to produce a world-class aircraft hybrid electric powertrain and propulsion systems. This position designs and details complex, precision components and assemblies and prepares bills of material for production utilizing 3D and solid modeling software. The working environment is fast paced success oriented TEAM composed of highly qualified and experienced engineers and professionals.
Candidate must be able to and has proven record of generating innovative, cost effective and simple to manufacture concepts involving:
- Stringent requirements for rotating hardware and associated dynamics.
- Bearing design of large diameter shafts
- Containment of high speed, high temperature structures and assemblies
- High precision and tight tolerance design requirements
- Fluent use of solid modeling and finite element design and analysis tools.
- Must be able to prepare and/or detailed mechanical drawings and bills of material for procurement and manufacture.
- Position requires candidate to be highly detail oriented and able to effectively manage their time to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Five years working experience in the design and manufacturing of Electric Machines and high strength magnet installations for aerospace applications
- Demonstrated experience in thermal loss calculations including and methods to mitigate them
- 2D and 3D CAD and solid modeling tools experience and engineering drawing generation and configuration management.
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- MS Mechanical Engineering (Preferred)
To be considered for this position, please send a resume or CV to email@example.com with the position name in the subject line.