Lead Aircraft Configuration and Systems Integration Engineer
Zunum Aero is seeking an experienced aircraft configuration and systems integration engineer to lead CAD development and propulsion integration for our novel hybrid-electric aircraft. Applicant will be working with systems, structures, and propulsion disciplines developing both the outer loft lines and the internal configuration layout. Strong experience with CAD/CAE required (CATIA V5/V6 and/or SolidWorks), with experience in business jet class aircraft.
Zunum Aero is an industry leader in hybrid-electric propulsion for aircraft; this position is a unique opportunity to work with a dynamic team of dedicated engineers on the next generation of aircraft propulsion. Zunum offers competitive salary and benefits and is located in beautiful Kirkland, Washington.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead development of the master aircraft configuration across teams in aircraft aerodynamics, propulsion, powertrain, structures and systems.
- Lead development of the aircraft CAD models; expected to be a combination of CATIA and SolidWorks.
- Implement and maintain a rigorous configuration control system
- Develop aircraft lofts for configuration analysis, conduct trade studies on various configurations.
- Prepare reports and presentations as needed to document and communicate work.
- Minimum B.S. in aerospace engineering
- 10 years of work experience in aerospace engineering, with at least 5 years in systems integration
- Highly proficient in CAD using CATIA and/or SolidWorks.
- Aircraft preliminary design with an emphasis on weight buildup and weight management a plus.
To be considered for this position, please send a resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name in the subject line.