Lead Fan Aeromechanical Design Engineer
Zunum Aero has an immediate opening for a highly experienced fan aeromechanical design engineer for our development of quiet electric propulsors. Candidate must have at least 10 years fan design experience including recent design work at the state of the art in bypass fan design. Candidate should be knowledgeable in all aspects of fan and stator design and analysis.
Zunum is an emerging leader in hybrid-electric propulsion for aircraft; this position is a unique opportunity to work with a small, dynamic team of dedicated engineers on the next generation of aircraft propulsion. Position is full time, initial location is flexible, with likely long-term relocation to Illinois or Washington state; compensation DOE.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Lead aeromechanical and structural design of a fully integrated, electrically driven, low pressure, very quiet ducted fan from initial design through final certification.
- Aeromechanical design and development of fan blades; structures may be composite or metallic. Blades may be fixed or variable pitch.
- Aeromechanical design, analysis, and optimization of the fixed exit guide fanes (FEVG) for minimum total weight, with integrated load paths and services.
- Aeromechanical design of propulsor cage and casings
- Plan, conduct, and analyze results from experimental tests on subscale, full scale, and flight test articles including destructive testing.
- Conduct program planning, coordination, and design reviews to meet test and certification milestones.
- Lead development of internal tools and methods optimized for design of low pressure electric fans.
- B.S. or higher in aerospace engineering
- At least 10 years of industry experience developing current generation bypass fans
- Expert knowledge of aeromechanical, structural and vibration design and analysis software
- Strong technical writing, presenting, and team leadership skills
- Technical contributions to the field including patents and publications
To be considered for this position, please send a resume or CV to email@example.com with the position name in the subject line.