Flight Sciences Engineer
Zunum Aero has an immediate opening for a flight sciences engineer with a background in aircraft performance, configuration development, weights, and analysis tool development. Applicant will be working on a wide range of conceptual and preliminary design tasks for a novel hybrid-electric aircraft design. Work includes analyzing and optimizing aircraft performance, tracking aircraft configuration and weights, configuration modeling, and related documentation. Additional tasks include tool development for automation of analysis tasks. Experience with CATIA V5 / V6 a plus.
Zunum Aero is an industry leader in hybrid-electric propulsion for aircraft; this position is a unique opportunity to work with a dynamic team of dedicated engineers on the next generation of aircraft propulsion. Zunum offers competitive salary and benefits and is located in beautiful Kirkland, Washington.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and establish aircraft system requirements through performance analysis, conduct trade studies on performance.
- Implement workflow and capability improvements to in-house performance analysis and other tools.
- Develop and maintain documentation of the aircraft configuration and weights
- Develop and improve tracking of weights across aircraft and subsystems
- Prepare manuals, reports and presentations to document and communicate work.
- Work with aircraft lofts for configuration analysis (CATIA V5) to support systems integration trades
- Minimum B.S. in aerospace engineering
- 5 years of work experience in aerospace engineering.
- Proficiency in Python, working proficiency in Perl and MATLAB
- Knowledge of aircraft preliminary design, performance, weights, aerodynamics, and other aircraft related fields.
To be considered for this position, please send a resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name in the subject line.