Director of Aircraft Structures
Zunum Aero is seeking an experienced aircraft structural director to lead the design and stress development engineering teams for our novel hybrid-electric aircraft. Applicant will report directly to the Vice-President Aircraft Engineering and be working with systems, structures, and propulsion disciplines developing the complete aircraft structure. Strong experience with business jet or sophisticated GA aircraft is required.
Zunum Aero is an industry leader in hybrid-electric propulsion for aircraft; this position is a unique opportunity to work with a dynamic team of dedicated engineers on the next generation of aircraft propulsion. Zunum offers competitive salary and benefits and is located in beautiful Kirkland, Washington.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead development of the master aircraft configuration together with teams in aircraft aerodynamics, propulsion, powertrain and systems.
- Responsible for developing and then achieving specification, budget and timeframe in the structures area
- Build-up and manage structures engineering team for a successful PDR and CDR through certification
- Lead, challenge and mentor structural design and stress teams.
- Implement best practices in the structures team
- Lead structural trade studies, including design optimization studies, and provide recommendations.
- Coordination with manufacturing disciplines including supplier management
- Assist in the implementation of a CAD and PLM system
- Minimum B.S. in aerospace engineering, M.S. preferred
- 15 years of work experience in aerospace structural engineering, with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Must have held a leadership role on the design, development and certification of a business jet or advanced technology general aviation aircraft
- Optimization of structures and multi-disciplinary optimization
- Experience in design, construction, and test of metallic and composite structures.
- Demonstrated leadership of a design/stress team
- Aircraft preliminary design with an emphasis on lightweight structures
To be considered for this position, please send a resume or CV to email@example.com with the position name in the subject line.